This is the fourth episode in the mini-series. Topics covered:
1. Slavery was abolished in USA. But a backlash by White Supremacists led to criminal laws of racial segregation (called Jim Crow Laws).
2. Eminent Black leaders saw Indians colonized by the British as brothers in their struggle.
3. Lala Lajpat Rai, a major freedom fighter in India and Arya Samaj leader, spent 5 years in USA building political support with Black groups.
4. Black press in USA became active in presenting the Indian side and helped spread awareness.
5. Top Black leaders visited India.
6. Mohandas Gandhi became a major source of inspiration for the mentors of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. The Civil Rights movement of Blacks led to new laws on immigration. This is how Indians started entering the USA in large numbers 50 years ago.
To help our movement, please donate by going to:
For more information on Shefali’s work, please visit and